UPSC CDS 2 Exam Notification 2018 has been published. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invited application for Indian citizen for the Recruitment of Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy through Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2018.
Press Ctrl+d For Bookmark This Page. Or Visit Our Website www.GovernmentJobsNews.com
“The last date of receipt of applications of CDSE (ii), 2018 has been changed from 03.09.2018 (Monday) to 04.09.2018 (Tuesday).”
Important Information about UPSC CDS 2 EXAM 2018:
- Apply Online Start Date: 8/8/2018
- Last Date for Submission of Applications: 04.09.2018 till 6:00 PM.
- Examination Date: Sunday, 18/11/2018
Address: UPSC Bhavan, Shahjahan Rd, South Block, Man Singh Road Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110069
JOB DETAILS OF UPSC CDS 2 Exam 2018:
|Examination Code||CDS II|
|Examination||Combined Defence Services Examination (II)|
|Closing Date||4/9/2018 till 1800 hrs / 1800 बजे तक|
|Exam Date||Sunday, 18/11/2018CDS Exam II|
|Part-I Registration||Click Here for PART I|
|Part-II Registration||Click Here for Part II|
CDS 2 Exam 2018 Vacancy Details
|Institutions/ Department Name||Positions|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100 147th (DE) Course commencing in July 2019||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – Course commencing in July 2019||45|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July 2019||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) – 110th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in October 2019||225|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai – 24th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October 2019||12|
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION FOR CDS EXAM
|Institutions/ Department Name||Education|
|For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy.||A Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.|
|For Indian Naval Academy.||A Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.|
|For Air Force Academy.||A degree of a recognized University(with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.|
Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Pay scale of INDIAN Army | Indian Air Force | Indian Navy:
|Rank||Level||(Pay in Rs.)|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain||Level 10 B||6,13,00-1,93,900|
|Major||Level 11||6,94,00 – 2,07,200|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12400|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600-2, 15,900|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200-2,18,200|
|Lieutenant General||HAG Scale Level 15||1, 82, 200-2,24,100|
|HAG+Scale||Level 16||2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG)||Level 17||2,25,000/-(fixed)|
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION for CDS 2 Exam 2018
The Competitive examination held in two different stages. a candidate should have to successfully pass the first stage. Stages are given below.
- Written examination as shown in para 2 below.
- Interview for intelligence and personality test
SYLLABUS OF THE CDS 2 EXAM 2018
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
- For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
- For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
More details about the syllabus of CDS 2 Exam 2018. Please download full notification Click HERE and read APPENDIX-I on the page no 19.
INTELLIGENCE AND PERSONALITY TEST
The SSB procedure consists of the two-stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:-
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception* Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on the combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website JoinIndianArmy.nic.in.
For more information about INTELLIGENCE AND PERSONALITY TEST download notification: Click HERE and read APPENDIX-I on the page no 21
Age Limits, Gender, and Marital Status:
- Minimum Age for Indian Air Force Academy: 20 Years
- Maximum Age for Indian Air Force Academy: 24 Years
- Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
For Indian Military Academy IMA, Indian Naval Academy Required Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1995 and not later than 1st July 2000 only are eligible.
Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only)(excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee)
HOW TO APPLY:
The applicant meeting with the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the official notification are required to apply online by using the official website of UPSC “www.upsconline.nic.in” If you have any query or question feel free to ask in comment box.
Career Prospects for CDS Applicant :
After successful completion of training, the candidates pass out in the rank of Flying Officer and will be entitled to the pay and allowances of the rank. Timescale promotions to the rank of Flight Lieutenant, Squadron Leader, Wing Commander, and Group Captain are granted on completion of 2 years, 6 years, 13 years and 26 years of successful service respectively. Grant of Group Captain (select) and higher ranks is only by selections. Promising officers have a fair chance of getting higher promotions to air ranks – Air Commodore, Air Vice Marshal, and Air Marshal.
Read other Government Jobs News post:
- Railway Recruitment 2019 NTPC 35277 Jobs
- Railway Recruitment 2019 All Posts
- Motilal Nehru College Recruitment Various Assistant Posts
- DSSSB Recruitment LDC | Steno | Lab Asstt | JEE | Welfare Officer
- Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2019 YANTRIK Post
- DSSSB Recruitment Junior Engineer Assistant Engineer
- UPSC Combined Geologist Result 2019 Final Marks
- Gail Recruitment 2019 Executive Trainee Online Form
- RFCL JE Assistant Recruitment 2019 for 53 Posts Apply Online
- National Fertilizers Limited NFL Recruitment Accounts Assistant 2019